In order for me to install qrcode for my opencart, ive decided to install vqmode first, so in the future let say if I would like to develop my own extension using xml it will be less headache. But then i have encountered many problem in order to install it.It tooks me half day in order to put the qrcode on my opencart product.Sigh. Below is the chronologies when I install the vqmod in opencart.
- Download vqmode zipfile.
- Configure FTP in opencart backend System > Setting FTP
- Go to your dashboard Extension > Extension Installer > Upload . Here I encountered my first problem, it seems cannot install into the root directory that I have set, i change the root path to ‘/’ in order to solve this problem.
- Login to your site http://www.yoursite.com/vqmod
- Click install. Hoah…second issue come. I keep getting problem on Cannot install due to the permission.
- Change all permission to 777….. ( internet ask to rename htacces file….but its not working for me). Holla now its able to install. But then the nightmare came. All my site got 403 error.
- Change all permission to 755..Fuh now it OK. I can easily copy the qrcode XML into folder and I got my QR code in every product!